Specimen Collection Instructions for Physician’s Offices
Huntington Hospital Pathology accepts all surgical pathology and cytology specimens.
Our logistics service operates Mon. through Fri. from 9:00AM until 6:30PM. Daily or twice-daily specimen pick-up can be scheduled.
Specimen collection supplies, requisitions and additional or “will-call” specimen pick-ups may be requested by calling (626) 397-8618 or (626) 397-8616 between 7:30AM and 6:00PM Mon. through Fri. After-hours lock boxes are available upon request.
The following specimen collection procedures are included in these documents:
- Specimen Collection – General Instructions
- Pathology Tissue/Histology Specimen Submission
- Bone Marrow Collection – Aspiration and Biopsy
- Cytology – Specimen Collection Procedures
- Pap Test Quick Reference Guide – Endocervical Brush/Spatula Protocol
- Cytology – Specimen Collection Fine Needle Aspiration
- Collection and Submission of Urine For Urovysion FISH Testing
- Cytology – Specimen Adequacy and Criteria for Rejection of Specimens