We know you want to prepare as much as possible before labor begins and you come to the hospital.
The following resources will help you find the right Huntington Hospital doctor, get your pre-admission documentation in order, and get packed so you can breathe easy while you wait for baby.
More than 80 physicians have privileges to deliver babies at Huntington Hospital. After your baby is born, he or she will need to be examined by a pediatrician. If your pediatrician does not have privileges at Huntington Hospital, we have an on-staff pediatrician available.
Completing your Labor & Delivery Pre-Registration form in advance will help make your arrival at L&D as smooth as possible. We ask you to pre-register by your 7th month of pregnancy to allow us two months to process your form.
Note that we process pre-registration forms based on expected delivery date, and you will receive an email confirmation from Huntington Hospital letting you know that we received your form, and again when it has been processed.
If you have any pre-registration questions please contact the Huntington Hospital Call Center at (626) 397-5600.
We offer a suite of prenatal classes available for online registration, as well as many additional resources for getting ready for baby.
We want to be able to meet your needs during your birth experience. Remember this is a guideline and it may change as your needs change.
It’s a good idea to pack your hospital bag for baby in advance so it’s ready to go when it’s time. Our checklist will help you stay calm and ensure you have everything you need during your stay.
There are many things you can do in advance of your delivery to make your stay smoother.
- Complete the Labor & Delivery Pre-Registration form.
- Check with your insurance company for information about childbirth coverage at Huntington Hospital.
- Sign up for classes.
- Take a complimentary tour of our maternity unit.
- Choose a pediatrician. [[LINK TO PEDS DOCS FILTERED LIST]]
- Purchase a car seat and have it properly installed in your car to be ready for baby.
- Prepare your birth plan. Fill out our Labor Preferences form with your labor and delivery wishes and bring it with you to the hospital.