Robotic Surgery Expertise Unrivaled in the Region
Huntington Hospital hosts the one of the largest robotic programs in Los Angeles with dedicated rooms and a robotic team.
Advantages of robotic surgery include minimal scarring, less pain, and faster recovery times.
We offer minimally invasive robotic surgery utilizing the state-of-the-art single port da Vinci SI surgical system, the latest generation of robotic surgery equipment, to perform laparoscopic surgeries.
COVID: 19 Notice
Elective Surgeries Have Been Canceled: Contact your surgeon’s office for more information.
You can also call our Surgical Services line at 626-397-3166.
Today, many procedures can be performed using robotic techniques at Huntington Hospital. Our capabilities for different robotic procedures using the da Vinci robotic system cover a broad range of specialty areas.
Dr. Dikranian, our medical director of robotic surgery and chief of surgery at Huntington Hospital, has extensive experience in urology and advanced robotic surgery.
Robotic Surgery Program’s Medical Director:
Armen H. Dikranian, MD
“Huntington Hospital’s robotic surgery program is the largest in the region, and we offer extensive expertise to the San Gabriel Valley. Employing the latest technology, including the the da Vinci surgical system, we offer minimally invasive surgery options for many procedures. Advantages include minimal scarring, less pain, and faster recovery times.”
– Armen Dikranian, MD, medical director, robotic surgery program
Dr. Dikranian attended college at the University of Southern California, and continued on at USC Medical School. He went on to complete two years of general surgery training and four years of urology residency at the Kaiser Foundation Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Benefits for Patients
- Minimally invasive surgeries through a single incision in the belly button
- Minimal scarring
- Less pain
- Low blood loss
- Fast recovery
- Short hospital stay
- High patient satisfaction
Robotic Surgery Specialty Areas
Minimally invasive robotic surgery can be utilized across a broad range of procedures.
- General Surgery – Procedures addressing abdominal or gastrointestinal conditions.
- Urological Surgery – procedures for men and women to treat urinary and genital tract problems including cancer.
- Benign Gynecology – procedures for women facing gynecologic conditions such as fibroids tumors, endometriosis, heavy menstrual bleeding, cancer and pelvic organ.
- Gynecological Oncology – Surgical treatment of female pelvic cancers including ovary, uterus, cervix, and trophoblastic (placental) tumors.
Types of Robotic Surgery
For more information about the Robotic Surgery program at Huntington Hospital, please call: (626) 397-3642.