Our Della Martin Center provides inpatient and outpatient mental health services and chemical dependency recovery services, thoughtfully structured around each patient’s needs.
We offer the confidentiality and comfort of our modern behavioural health facilities with excellent and compassionate care health care.
COVID-19 Visitation Guidelines:
The hospital is open to visitors.
The visitor policy for the Della Martin Center is:
- Visitors will enter off the Pasadena entrance and will sign a waiver upon arrival.
- Visitation is permitted for patients who have been admitted to Della Martin for 5 days or more.
- In person visitation times are 3 – 4 p.m. and 6 – 7 p.m.
- The visitor will call the department during the hours of 10 – 11:30 a.m. to give the staff the time slot that they would like to come in.
- Each patient will be allotted 1 visiting session per day.
Mental Health Programs and Services
We provide mental health services including diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of adult inpatients and outpatients with psychiatric disorders. When you arrive you will receive a confidential assessment and any necessary referrals through our patient-friendly Access Center. We carefully structure your treatment program following thorough assessment with you and your family.
Combining a state-of-the-art facility with a spacious outdoor recreational area, the 42,000-square-foot Della Martin Center includes a therapeutic recreational and conditioning center, 54 inpatient beds, and semi-private rooms with baths.
Psychiatric Acute Treatment Program
The Psychiatric Acute Treatment Program provides a secure environment for the rapid diagnosis and treatment of adults who suffer from severe psychiatric disturbances. The program emphasizes crisis intervention, patient stabilization, acute therapy and medication management. Following the initial intervention period, the patient may be discharged to home, outpatient care or a less restrictive care setting. When appropriate, families are encouraged to participate in the patient’s treatment.
The Outpatient Program provides screening and treatment for adult psychiatric patients, and/or those with substance abuse and alcohol use disorder, who are experiencing mild to severe symptoms. This includes patients who recently have been discharged from inpatient settings, detox, or those at risk for psychiatric hospitalization, and others who can benefit from ongoing outpatient psychiatric or addiction treatment. Learn more about our Outpatient Psychiatric Services.
Mental Health Resources
Click to download these additional informational flyers.
- Self-Injury Prevention Awareness Flyer
- Self-Injury Prevention Awareness Flyer (Spanish)
- Suicide Prevention Awareness Flyer
- Suicide Prevention Awareness Flyer (Spanish)
- Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) Mental Health Resources for Crisis Manual and Resource List
What to Bring to the Della Martin Center
What to bring to the Hospital
- Three sets of casual washable outfits ( no drawstrings, belts, ties or cords)
- 1 pair of appropriate sleepwear with no strings, (hospital gowns available)
- 2 bras (no underwire, sports bras recommended)
- Suitable underwear
- 1 light jacket or sweater with no drawstrings.
- 1 pair Walking shoes ( no shoelaces ,Velcro recommended)
- Please bring a list of your current prescription and over-the-counter medications, including dosages and frequency. Unless otherwise instructed by hospital staff or physicians, please leave your medications at home.
- Toiletries such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, shampoos, soaps and deodorant will be provided for you. Staff will provide laundry service to clients, free of charge.
To prevent loss of articles, ALL items brought into the facility will be checked by a staff member in your presence and listed.
What items are prohibited?
For the safety of clients, visitors and staff, certain items are not permitted on the unit, including but not limited to:
- Weapons (guns, knives, sharp objects)
- Drugs, drug paraphernalia, alcohol, or items containing alcohol
- Cigarettes, lighters or matches
- Sharp objects, including razors, scissors, knives, nails files and other manicure equipment
- Glass containers of any type (this includes flowers vases)
- Mirrors or mirrored objects
- Belts, shoestrings, ties, bandanas, scarves, drawstrings, cords of any type
- Electronic devices (camera, laptops, cell phone, iPod, iPad, clock, etc.)
- Any unsealed food or beverage
- Underwire bra
- Please do not bring in valuables (i.e. jewelry, cell phone)
- Any item deemed by staff as potentially harmful or unsafe
- If you have any questions about what you can bring onto the unit, please call DMC Intake staff at (626) 397-2323.