Register today to join us by phone for our upcoming Tele-Noon Hour Programs!
On this page you’ll find:
Call-in lectures will begin at 12:30 p.m. on the dates listed. Each will last about an hour and will include time for questions. Participation is free
- Wednesday, September 23 – The latest on screening and treatment for prostate cancer.
- During Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, urologist Shahin Chandrasoma, MD, will discuss what you need to know to best manage your prostate health.
- Wednesday, October 14 – Maintaining breast health for life.
- Come hear from breast surgeon Jeannie Shen, MD, and radiation oncologist Ruth Williamson, MD, about why it’s important to get screened for breast cancer. You’ll also learn about the latest treatment options.
- Wednesday, November 18 – Caring for someone with dementia during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Being a family caregiver for someone with dementia can be stressful. Now, safety guidelines and restrictions in place due to the coronavirus pandemic have made the role even more challenging. Join us as Zina Paris, MSW, Director of Clinical Services at Alzheimer’s Los Angeles, discusses caregiving during COVID-19. A family caregiver will also share her own experience.
- Wednesday, December 9 – Family gatherings in the time of COVID-19.
- December holidays often mean time spent with extended family. Infectious disease specialist Kimberly Shriner, MD, and Pasadena Public Health epidemiologist Matt Feaster, PhD, will provide an update on guidelines for social interactions during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please reserve a spot at least 3 days in advance by completing the registration form below. You can also reserve a spot by calling our membership line at (626) 397-3147.
Calling into the Virtual Tele-Noon Event
On event day, please join the call no later than 12:25 p.m.
Step 2: Enter passcode 622909 when prompted.
Listen to Past TeleNoon Hour Events
Update on COVID-19 – August
Our August Virtual TeleNoon event, Update on COVID-19, was delivered by Matt Feaster, PhD, epidemiologist, with the Pasadena Public Health Department. Dr. Feaster provided an update on the department’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and what you can do to stay safe.
Listen to a recording of the August TeleNoon Hour program here by clicking play below.
Resilience and Flexibility in Aging – July
Our July Virtual TeleNoon Event is available to listen.
Listen to a recording of the July TeleNoon Hour program here by clicking play below.
Being on Stroke Awareness Alert – June
Our June Virtual TeleNoon Event is available to listen and view materials. Download the presentation file so you can follow along as you listen to the event recording.
Listen to a recording of the June TeleNoon Hour program here by clicking play below.
Are We There Yet? Coronavirus Update – May
Our May TeleNoon event featured Infectious Disease expert Kimberly Shriner, MD, and Pasadena Public Health Department’s Epidemiologist Matt Feaster, Ph.D. provided important information and took pre-submitted questions.
Listen to a recording of the May TeleNoon Hour program here by clicking play below.