Huntington Senior Care Network is committed to providing free or low-cost programs to the community to help seniors and caregivers find services, coordinate care and live independently.
IMPORTANT: NOON HOUR EVENT CANCELLATIONS FOR MARCH
50+ Health Connection Membership Program
50+ Health Connection is Huntington Hospital Senior Care Network’s free membership program that helps community residents age 50 and over save money and keep up to date on health issues.
Free membership also offers education, support and information including:
- Caregiver education and support.
- Support visits during hospital stays from volunteers who provide information and post-stay follow-up.
- Our newsletter with information and tips on staying healthy.
Click to see the most recent issue of the 50+ Health Connection newsletter.
Care Coordination Program
Huntington Senior Care Network community-based care coordination programs help adults and older adults with disabilities live as safely and independently as possible. They also assist family caregivers. Our care coordinators are expertly trained and experienced bachelor’s and master’s degree social workers and nurses. Most services are free to eligible participants. In some instances, a fee is charged.
- The Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP) is a publicly-funded program for very frail adults with disabilities aged 65 and older who are on Medi-Cal and qualify for placement in a skilled nursing facility. (MSSP en Español) (多用途老人服務計畫 (MSSP in Chinese)).
- Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) is a Medi-Cal funded program that provides options for frail older adults and individuals with disabilities to reside in an assisted living facility as an alternative to a skilled nursing facility. (ALW en Español)
To download an ALW pre-screening application, click here
- Assist with solving care problems.
- Help connect to resources such as personal care, meals, housekeeping and transportation.
- Coordinate service delivery and monitor progress.
- Educate about managing hospital stays and returning home.
- Assist with changes in living arrangements when needed.
- Serve as a representative for out-of-area families and alert them to problems.
Noon Hour Lecture Series
Join us for Noon Hour, a stimulating series featuring hospital physicians, staff and community experts that is designed to give you the information you need to stay healthy and age well. Noon Hour events are free!
- Time. Noon Hour events are offered from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Lunch. An optional box lunch, which is served starting at noon, can be reserved for $8. Please call the Monday before to reserve your lunch.
- Events are open to the community.
- Noon Hour Schedule available here.
- Reservations are required. Please call (626) 397-3147 to reserve your attendance.
Please Note: Noon Hour Temporary Location Change
Noon Hours usually take place in the Braun Auditorium, but due to the current construction, the events have been moved to the Huntington Medical Research Institutes (HMRI) building located across the street from the hospital at 686 South Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105. These educational events will be held in the 1st floor conference room.
You can park in the HMRI parking lot for free. The parking lot is located north of HMRI at Pico St. (cross street is Fair Oaks Avenue). HMRI has graciously donated the use of their auditorium for these educational events.