NOTICE: Volunteers Returning in Limited Numbers
Our volunteer program has begun a phased reopening process, with Phase 1 volunteers returning to the hospital on Monday, November 9th.
- Phase 1 Volunteers:
- Information Desk- Main Lobby only
- Lobby escorts
- Errand & Escort
- Admitting escort
- 10 Congress Lab
- Volunteers will undergo training to so that we may orient them safely to our personal accountability expectations related to masking, distancing and more.
- Volunteers will return in phases, with priority to errand and escort and the front desk.
- We are not orienting any new volunteers for the time being, that process is on hold until further notice.
- We reserve the right to suspend volunteer services based on community or hospital COVID-19 infection rates.
Our volunteers represent one of the hospital’s greatest assets. We are so grateful to our volunteers who together donate over 107,000 hours per year. More than 1,500 volunteers provide service to over 100 different departments and programs at Huntington Hospital.
To maintain active status, volunteers must work a minimum of eight hours per month. Adult volunteers who are not currently enrolled in school are asked to commit to 100 hours of service, College Students are asked to commit to 50 hours of service, and High School Students are asked to commit to 40 hours of service. High school students must have completed 9th grade prior to applying.
Apply to Volunteer
Once your application is submitted, you will receive a phone call within two weeks from a volunteer supervisor to discuss your application, interests, availability and next steps. Please allow two weeks to receive a call before you contact us. An interview, orientation, background check and 2-step TB skin test (provided by the hospital) are required before you begin volunteering. High School students must have completed the 9th grade prior to applying.
Please note that shadowing is not permitted at Huntington Hospital.
If you have further questions, please call Volunteer Services at (626) 397-5208. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Huntington Hospital.
Alice has been volunteering at Huntington Hospital for 28 years. She sits in our surgery waiting lounge where she keeps families updated on their loved ones surgeries.
Thank you Alice!