We are happy to announce that we can once again welcome certified doulas into the delivery room at Huntington Hospital. Please note that doulas will be required to undergo COVID-19 testing. This is our policy for all birth partners.
Download our Doula Program flyer or learn more below.
Before the Birth
To prepare you for attending your client’s birth and facilitate ease of entry into the Huntington Hospital Family Birth Center, please provide us with the following information at least 48 hours before the planned birth.
- Name of expectant mother
- Estimated due date
- Primary OB physician
- A copy of your current doula certification
Please provide this information via email to Amy Pendleton, MSN, MPH, RNC-WHNP, Family Birth Center Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Agreement to Safety Practices and Hospital Policy
By submitting the required information above, you consent to the following safety practices and hospital policies:
- Once you arrive to the Birth Center, a Registered Nurse will ask you a series of health questions and take your temperature. Your temperature will be checked every 12 hours thereafter.
- You will remain in the patient’s room at all times.
- If you have partners in your practice, you must designate only one doula per client, no substitutions will be allowed.
- Your client will receive a rapid COVID test in the OB Emergency Department. Once her results are back you will be able to accompany her into the Birthing Suite. Please note: if her COVID test is positive, doulas unfortunately cannot be granted entrance into the Birthing Suite.
- Huntington Hospital will provide you the same personal protective equipment used by labor staff and physicians. You are welcome to bring your own googles or face shield.
- Bring only the essentials that you require to provide services to your client.
- Doula services do not extend to the Mother Baby unit. Immediately prior to the mother’s admission to that unit, doula services are completed. At that time, you will depart the hospital.
- In case of a cesarean delivery, only one birthing partner will be permitted into the operating room, and this is is dependent on physician approval based on the situation
- In accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) regulations, you are agreeing to adherence to patient confidentiality.
Huntington Hospital appreciates the services you provide to your clients!
If you have further questions, please contact the Family Birth Center Manager Amy Pendleton by email at email@example.com.
Learn more about how Huntington Hospital is the best maternity hospital in the San Gabriel Valley and greater Los Angeles.