Our Outpatient Rehabilitation Services Department is a fully integrated program specializing in neurological and orthopedic diagnoses. We provide Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy services. For patients receiving multiple therapies, our rehabilitation services team utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach that best serves the patients’ needs. We also focus on working with family and caregivers to ensure that treatment can be continued at home for the best possible outcome.
We are proud to offer a variety of unique rehabilitation programs, including aquatic therapy, sports rehab, neurologic rehab, orthopedic rehab, clinical driving evaluations and training, and men’s and women’s rehab for pelvic floor issues.
What is Outpatient Rehabilitation?
Outpatient rehabilitation is often the next step after an inpatient hospitalization on the road to recovery. Outpatient rehabilitation teaches people who have become disabled as a result of trauma/injury, illness/disease or planned/unplanned surgery, how to make the most out of life – physically, mentally, and socially.
Our goal is to restore the highest level of functional ability of individuals and help them learn successful strategies in accomplishing activities of daily living, such as walking, dressing, communicating with others, and/or preparing a meal. Mastery of these types of skills allows our patients to become reintegrated into the home, workplace, and society as a whole.
Community Outreach Programs
We also offer community support programs that provide activities, assistance and information to people with disabilities and their caregivers.
- The Physical Therapy Department facilitates two group classes
- a low-impact exercise group on Wednesdays and Fridays at noon for individuals who need to maintain physical functionality, yet require a low-impact approach
- a group class designed to help people who have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease
- Our Speech Therapy Department conducts a weekly stroke support group for adults with speech and language impairment. This meeting provides education, social interaction and opportunities to improve communication skills for members and their caregivers.
For more information about these community outreach programs, contact us at (626) 397-3801.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO CURRENT COVID-19 GUIDELINES, THESE OUTREACH PROGRAMS ARE CURRENTLY ON HOLD. WE WILL POST UPDATE HERE WHEN THEY WILL BE ABLE TO RESUME
3/5/2021 – Current Covid 19 Protocols include screening all staff and patients for signs and symptoms as well as temperature checks. Everyone is required to wear a face mask covering nose and mouth at all times.
Physical Therapy (PT)
- Orthopedic rehab program
- Conditions from head to toe
- Non-surgical and post-surgical conditions
- Sporting injuries and return to sports
- Posture training and education
- Aches and pains associated with aging (wear and tear)
- Aquatic / Pool therapy – Current Covid 19 Protocol restricts use of our showers and lockers. Patients are asked to wear a mask while in the pool and maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from others.
- Gait training
- Lymphedema Management
- Wrapping / Bandaging
- Manual lymph drainage techniques (specialized massage)
- Cancer recovery
- Referrals for pumps and compression sleeves / garments as needed
- Education for self management
- Women’s / Men’s Pelvic Health
- Pelvic Pain
- Other pelvic floor disorders
- Neuro rehab program
- Lower extremity functional deficits related to post stroke, traumatic brain injury / concussions, spinal cord injury, ALS, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and other neurologic conditions
- Address functional limitations which can include bed mobility, transfers, gait / stairs
- Parkinson’s Disease BIG treatment
- Availability of EKSO Bionics exoskeleton for assisted gait training
- Vestibular / Balance assessment and treatment including issues related to Vertigo or BPPV
Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Hand therapy program (Certified Hand Therapists)
- Conditions from finger tip to shoulder
- Orthopedic and nerve injuries (carpal tunnel, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis, trigger finger, etc.)
- Non-surgical and post-surgical conditions
- Custom splinting
- Ergonomic education
- Neuro rehab program
- Upper extremity functional deficits (such as reaching, grasping, writing) related to post stroke, traumatic brain injury / concussions, spinal cord injury, ALS, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and other neurologic conditions
- Address activities of daily living (ADL) limitations
- Address functional cognitive impairment
- Clinical driving assessment and treatment (using a driving simulator), with referral for road testing with certified instructor as appropriate
Speech Therapy (SP)
- Vocal/voice disorders
- Aphasia (receptive and expressive) – loss of ability to understand or express speech
- Dysarthria – difficult or unclear articulation of speech
- Verbal apraxia – difficulty translating speech plans into motor plans
- Cognitive and memory problems
- Parkinson’s Disease LOUD treatment
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication device assessment and training
- Dysphagia (swallowing disorders) including Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies and Vitalstim therapy
Meet our team
We employ a professional staff of physical, occupational, and speech therapists. They provide highly skilled services addressing the rehabilitation needs of our outpatient community. This includes both assessment and treatment interventions, as well as patient/family/caregiver education to ensure an important step in the overall process – follow through at home – is also able to occur.
Contact Us, Hours & Location
Please contact us with any questions or to schedule a clinical assessment at (626) 397-3801. Please note: Referrals are required.
(626) 397-7173 fax
Hours of operation
- Hours of operation are Monday – Thursday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Closed on the weekends and holidays.
We are located at 630 S. Raymond Ave. Suite 120/340, Pasadena. Underground parking is available with entrance off of Pico Street. Cost is $3 with partial validation. Limited street parking can also be found on Raymond Avenue and Pico Street but be sure to check signage for restrictions.
We accept all major private insurances, as well as Medicare, Medi-Cal, Worker’s Compensation, HMO’s (with pre-authorization), and self-pay patients.
Please note: referrals are required. All new patients are required to have a valid prescription/order from a licensed California physician prior to their evaluation. The dated prescription should include the patient’s name, diagnosis, discipline(s) of therapy needed, and intended duration and frequency. The patient’s initial evaluation should be performed within thirty days from the date on the prescription.