Huntington Hospital provides information, resources and treatment to help people with Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and their family members better understand the disease and manage their lives.
PD information and services include:
- BIG & LOUD certified therapists.
- Up-to-date information on medical and surgical treatment for Parkinson’s disease.
- Educational booklets on numerous aspects of Parkinson’s disease and its management.
- Annual educational conferences.
- Referrals to neurologists specializing in the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Referrals to support groups for people with PD and their family members.
- Information about available community resources for needs such as help in the home, durable medical equipment, counseling, exercise programs and a variety of other services and resources.
- Collaboration with the American Parkinson Disease Association, Inc., a national non-profit organization providing education, a national Information and Referral Center network and funds for medical research.
PD Support & Exercise Groups
Young Onset Parkinson Support Group
Meets the third Wednesday of each month at the Vallejo Drive SDA Church in Glendale. This group is for those with Parkinson Disease who are young at heart, plus their caregivers and kids.
Designed to maintain and improve function for those with Parkinson’ s disease. Group meets every Tuesday and Thursday in the Physical Therapy Department.
$25 per month
Meets the 2nd Thursday and 4th Wednesday of the month, 7:00 – 9:00 P.M.