Updated August 31, 2020
COVID-19 is of increasing concern in our community. As your trusted health care provider, we are working in partnership with Huntington Hospital and public health authorities to keep you healthy and informed.
General Information about COVID-19
The COVID-19 coronavirus is not an airborne pathogen, and therefore the risk of being exposed in public is low. Adhering to recommended preventive practices such as social distancing, proper hand hygiene, and wearing basic protective equipment when in public, will further reduce your risk of exposure.
COVID-19 can be transmitted by:
- Respiratory droplets (cough)
- Person-to-person contact
The symptoms of COVID-19 are listed below. Please note, the presence of these symptoms does not directly indicate a COVID-19 infection, as these common symptoms can also be present with other infections, such as the seasonal flu:
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- Abdominal pain with fever
- New loss of taste or smell
- Recent onset muscle aches
- Congestion/Runny Nose
Concerned That You’ve Been Exposed to COVID-19?
If you are experiencing the symptoms noted above, we request that you call our office immediately, in advance of visiting, so that we can minimize exposing our staff and other patients to any illness. Next steps will be advised over the phone, which may include:
- Self-monitoring at home (click here for home care instructions)
- A virtual, telehealth visit for further evaluation
- A visit to our office for further evaluation
- A visit to the emergency room for further evaluation
To ensure everyone’s safety during an in-office visit, effective May 18, 2020, we implemented strict precautionary measures in all offices. Click here to learn about the updates to our operations.
Be advised we are NOT performing COVID-19 testing in any of our offices. If you’re symptomatic and concerned about exposure to COVID-19, please call us to speak with our medical staff. We will advise next steps.
You may also visit Huntington Hospital’s COVID-19 Testing page for more information about local testing options.
Prevention is Key
To protect yourself, your family, and your community, please remember to:
- Stay home as much as possible, avoiding unnecessary travel
- Practice good hand hygiene by regularly washing your hands with soap and water
- Refrain from touching your face, as this is a common way of transmitting the virus
- When in public, practice social distancing and wear basic protective equipment, such as a surgical mask or cloth face covering. Click here for guidance on mask wearing.
- Get your scheduled vaccinations, including the flu shot! While there isn’t yet a vaccine for COVID-19, you can protect yourself, loved ones, and the community from other communicable diseases.
If you are concerned about exposure to COVID-19, but have none of the above symptoms, we encourage you to visit one of the following credible websites for more information:
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/
Pasadena Public Health Department: https://www.cityofpasadena.net/public-health/
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/
Huntington Hospital: https://www.huntingtonhospital.org/hhpcovid19