Senior Care Network Telephone Resource Center
If you’re looking for a specific resource or just wonder where to begin, one telephone call to Huntington Hospital Senior Care Network can help with issues ranging from caring for an older adult and locating and arranging needed services to concerns about aging.
This Free Telephone Service Offers:
- Assistance from a resource specialist skilled at problem solving and identifying resources in your community.
- A wide range of community resources related to aging, health, social services, housing and transportation.
- Resources for both local and out-of-area caregivers.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are there services to help my elderly parent live more safely at home?
- Where do I get information about delivered meals, assistance in the home, transportation and other services?
- How much will the care cost?
- Are there care facilities that help with everyday living activities?
- Is there help for me as a family caregiver?
If you provide care or assistance for a person who is frail, elderly or has disabilities, you are a caregiver. You’re not alone. Nearly one out of every four households is involved in caregiving to persons age 50 or over.
Caregiving can be both physically and emotionally demanding. It’s important that you as a caregiver take care of yourself when another person depends on you.
Whether you provide care to an older family member or friend at home, for a few hours, around the clock or even at a distance, Huntington Senior Care Network can help make your job easier. Our support services for caregivers are offered free of charge or provided for a small fee.
- Professional assistance with referrals to resources essential for successful caregiving
- Taking Care of You: Powerful Tools for Caregivers, an interactive group program for family caregivers
- Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles Memory Club, an interactive program for those diagnosed with early-stage dementia and their care partners.
- Education classes to strengthen coping strategies and gain self-care skills
- Support group facilitation at local companies
Senior Care Resources
We recommend the following resources for information on aging issues and services for older adults.