Since 1892, Huntington has provided quality care, jobs, and support to the communities we serve to ensure a bright future where all residents can reach their full potential. We are dedicated to ensuring equity in all aspects of our work, from care delivery to employment and across our community outreach efforts to support community well-being.
We are committed to addressing health disparities that exist so that all communities may thrive. We acknowledge historical barriers, societal inequities and biases that disproportionally impact low-income households, communities of color, people with disabilities and other underserved communities that make it harder for these groups to have equitable access to care, higher education, housing, and jobs.
We actively pledge to:
- Applyan equity lens to all aspects of our business, care, and will collaborate with our community to prioritize their voices.
- Partnerwith others to breakthrough economic, cultural, and language barriers. We want to ensure all our patients receive high-quality care — regardless of income, background, race, and ethnicity, or language — and can reach their full health potential.
- Enforceequitable processes and policies in hiring, promotions, and employee compensation.
- Developways to measure, track, and share our progress on these commitments to ensure accountability and impact.
- Revisitand update these commitments annually as part of our ongoing journey to an equitable future.