Compassionate Community Care For Years To Come
Huntington Hospital, located at the heart of the San Gabriel Valley, is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare and emergency services to the members of our community. Only six years younger than Pasadena itself, our hospital has grown with the community we serve. Today, we continue to enhance the services and programs that make us the caregiver of choice for people in the San Gabriel Valley. For nearly 130 years, we have provided compassionate community care, and we’ll be there every step of the way in the years to come.
A group of prominent local citizens forms the Pasadena Hospital Association.
A temporary hospital opens with 16 bed at the northwest corner of Raymond Avenue and Green Street.
A committee was appointed to raise funds to build and endow a permanent hospital building.
The 26-bed Pasadena Hospital opens on the present site of Huntington Hospital.
The hospital now includes a maternity wing, a medical wing, and this “complete and convenient operating room.”
Huntington Hospital’s volunteer program begins. Today, more than 1,400 volunteers provide assistance hospital-wide.
A $2 million gift from the estate of Henry E. Huntington allows the hospital to thrive despite the Great Depression.
Huntington Hospital launches our Internal Medicine Residency program in 1955, followed by Surgical Residency Program in 1957.
Huntington Hospital opens a new maternity wing, thanks to a generous gift from Edward R. Valentine.
The Wingate Building – housing one of the nation’s first intensive care units – opens at Huntington Hospital.