To deliver on our commitment to become the most comprehensive pulmonary
disease and lung cancer-treatment facility in our region, we partner with
the most qualified, highly-trained physicians and invest in leading edge
facilities and technology to improve patient experiences and outcomes.
We are proud to offer superDimension, a new, minimally invasive procedure
to help patients with pulmonary disease (including cancer of the lung).
How Does it Work?
Often referred to by experts as “GPS-guided bronchoscopy,”
superDimension is designed to extend the reach of traditional bronchoscopy.
- The patient’s chest CT-scan is pre-loaded onto a computer creating
a virtual “roadmap” of the lungs.
- During the procedure, a bronchoscope is placed through the patient’s
mouth and into the airways of the lungs.
- superDimension uses a GPS-like technology, Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy
- The physician uses the ENB as a guide through the patient’s natural
airways using a small camera and tiny instruments to collect tissue samples.
- Specialized 3D technology overlays the CT image on the patient’s
actual body position to guide and track.
Until now, physicians have relied on needle biopsy or surgery to take tissue
samples – both of which can cause complications.
superDimension technology allows the physician to take tissue samples in
regions of the lung that are not reachable with traditional bronchoscopy,
and enables us to make early diagnoses of both benign and malignant lung
lesions, enhancing treatment options and potentially avoiding the need
for higher risk procedures at a later date.