Huntington's Commitment to Quality
At Huntington Hospital, we recognize that providing the best quality of care to our patients and their family members is of utmost importance – in fact, it is critical to our mission.
Our Awards and Certifications:
- The Joint Commission Accreditation
- Volunteer Hospital Association (VHA) High Reliability Team Award
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) Superlative Standard of Excellence
- American College of Surgeons 2008 Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Maximum Five-Year Accreditation
- American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association Centers of Distinction for Bariatric Surgery and for Cardiac Care
Read more about our individual awards and accreditations HERE
In an effort to constantly improve the quality of service that we provide, we monitor our performance against a series of standardized benchmarks that are aimed at improving patient care.
Developed by The Joint Commission, the nation's standards-setting and accrediting body in healthcare, Core Measures are an important way to measure how well a hospital is caring for its patients and is also a measure of the areas in which they need to work harder to provide the best care possible. Learn More
HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) is a survey that is given to patients who have been recently discharged from the hospital asking them to rate their stay at the hospital by focusing on topics directly related to their experience. Through this survey we are able to see which areas Huntington is delivering high quality care, and which areas may require additional attention. Learn More