Women's Services: Childbirth & Parenting Classes
Contact - (626) 397-8768
Prepared Childbirth Classes
Our childbirth preparation program focuses on pregnancy through the birth of your newborn. We suggest that you take all classes to ensure comprehensive preparation for the exciting changes that are in your future.
Sign up for classes by your 5th month. You should begin attending classes by your 7th month of pregnancy. All classes should be completed one month prior to your due date.
Click on the desired class to view class schedule and register:
These 2 classes address signs of labor, when to go to the hospital and the process of labor. You and your partner will learn how to support a woman in childbirth. .**
Get a preview of what your birth experience might entail, from pain medications and inductions to cesarean births.
This 2 part series investigates bath-time, diapering, how to calm a fussy baby, recognizing signs of illness and newborn behavior.**
Expectant mothers and fathers learn about nursing positions, attachment, milk supply and how to know the baby is getting enough.
Mommy & Me
This class is designed for mom, dad and the baby. Classes include playtime with baby, infant massage, information on normal infant development. There is group discussion on a wide variety of family related topics. The baby should be between the ages of 8 weeks and 6 months to participate in this class.
CPR class is for parents and caregivers of infants and children. It teaches CPR, obstructed airway procedures for infants and children and discusses safety issues.
If you require special attention while attending our classes please contact us directly at: (626) 397-8768 or email: Perinatal.Edu@Huntingtonhospital.com
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- Must be received in writing 72 hours before a given class is scheduled to begin in order to obtain a refund. **In the event that you're registered for a two-class series, the cancellation must be received 72 hours before the first class in that series. Fax: (626) 397-2923 or email@example.com
- There is a $10.00 administrative fee for each each class cancelled, rescheduled or changed to another date. No refunds are given after the date of a class. If the Perinatal Health Education department cancels a class you will be notified and the full fee will be refunded.
- There are no transfers, changes or rescheduling handled by the PHE administrative secretary.
To cancel a class, contact the Perinatal Health Education office in order to cancel the original class selection. Use this on-line registration web-site to sign-up for a new class selection.
- You may not attend a class without pre-registration and pre-payment. Attending class without pre-registration and pre-payment may result in the instructor asking you to leave as there may be no space available in the class. Payment for the class is a requirement.
Ongoing Events and Support
Maternity Orientation and Tour
For more information about the Maternity Orientation and Tour, please click here
Breastfeeding Support Group
The Breastfeeding Support Group is a free class for breastfeeding mothers and their babies. A Certified Lactation Consultant acts as a facilitator and information resource.
Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Research Conference Hall.
Park in the East Parking Garage.
Certified Lactation Consultants provide assistance with both common and complex breastfeeding problems.
- Hands-on assistance is available for a fee by appointment only.
- Electric breast pumps are available for rent or purchase.
- Nursing bras, pillows, manual or mini-electric breast pumps and other breastfeeding aids are also available for purchase.
Free telephone counseling is offered daily, Monday through Friday, between 9 am and 4 pm. The office is closed on weekends and legal holidays.